Friday 7 June 2013

Strangford: I

We have a lovely bedroom overlooking the Square in Strangford. I jumped out of bed at eight. It's a truly beautiful morning.

Last night we dined at The Cuan's restaurant. I had the haddock fish cake with mixed salad as a starter.

My main course consisted of scampi with vegetables. The Duchess had a delicious seafood chowder.

Our bedroom is well appointed, with virtually everything one would expect in a highly-graded hotel.

I hear a dog barking at the rear somewhere.

I think I'll stretch the old legs now.

1 comment :

Ken Moreland said...

The Cuan is excellent, Peter and Caroline will look after you. Read my Trip Advisor review in Feb. Portaferry across the Lough is my home town but we always stay in Strangford on forays North from beautiful Meath. If you cross to Portaferry and your legs are up to it , hang left along the Shore Road and come back to Portaferry via the Mountain Road. 6 miles. KM