Saturday 16 March 2013

Coleraine Visit

After a refreshing beaker of tea in my room at The Lodge, I fancied some fresh local air. It was damp and showery, so armed with the whangee brolly, I strolled the fifteen-minute walk from my hotel to the centre of Coleraine

There was a local pipe band playing near the parish church, St Patrick's. I fancied another look round the church, so entered at a side door. I was greeted by a member of the congregation on duty.

We chatted about this and that, including the church's heritage. The present church is late-Victorian, though its immediate predecessor was of 17th century origin.


LODGE ROAD has a fair assortment of various villas and terraces. The fire and police stations are located on Lodge Road, as is the masonic lodge.

Lodge Cottage, above, was the first house to be built on the road in the late 17th century.

1 comment :

The Earl Bishop said...

One is not a fan of the reordering of St. Patrick's Church. :-(