Tuesday 1 November 2011

Rotten Website

I have endeavoured twice within the last two days to book a ticket for Hansel and Gretel on the website of the Grand Opera House, Belfast.

What a ghastly website it is! It is slow, ponderous, crashes occasionally; and finally, when it comes to payment, up pops:
We are sorry, but an error has occurred whilst trying to process your request:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Eh?

This has happened several times and, as a consequence, the GOH has lost revenue. 

I refuse to waste time and money phoning them. I might call at their box office the next time I'm in Belfast.

They need a new website with the technical capacity to enable it to cope with bookings and enquiries adequately.

Incidentally, they also persist in charging £1 for:
Please choose a delivery method for your tickets:
The cost of the selected delivery method will be 1.00 GBP.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I completely agree! I've yet to be able to complete a transaction on this website - I always have to telephone the box office. It's been like this for years now.

Timothy Belmont said...

Anon, I am glad that I am not alone re their awful website!

They are doubtless skimping on quality.

Anonymous said...

tried to book a box for a birthdday next year. It was like an examination in computer sciences. gave up and will do something else