Monday 8 August 2011

PRONI Comes Dancing!

Having received my new cycle helmet (a Bell Venture, graphite grey) this morning, I donned the fluorescent "Sam Browne" belt and rode over to Belfast's Titanic Quarter, where the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland is situated.

By Jove, they aren't half tight on security - no pens, no mobiles, no cameras and what-not etc; still, I imagine they have to be vigilant.

There was a camera production team in the search-room, if that's its name, and I recognized the bloke being interviewed: Len Goodman, the head honcho on  the BBC series, (Strictly) Come Dancing.

He was there for an eternity and everyone was reverentially tip-toeing around in a hushed atmosphere; a dapper cove.

Lady Mabel Annesley photographed Orangefield House a long time ago and the document is "closed"; so I've applied for permission to see it and should know within a fortnight.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I think he's one of the subjects of the new series of 'Who do you think you are?' which starts on Wednesday 9pm BBC1.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I hate to be dumb (not often does this happen but to a Lady from England) what is PRONI I get the NI but PRO? xxx

Timothy Belmont said...

Apologies, anon, PRONI is the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland.



Ruth, that's intriguing. It would seem that his family has a connection with NI.