Sunday 3 April 2011

Cruise Control


I have finally discovered the joy of Cruise Control. I've had the two-seater for four months and the drive home from Moira was the very first time I've used it.

Maurice told me how wonderful it was, up at the sports club, and I was sceptical. Maurice was right. Mind you, Big Pete doesn't like the concept at all - he wonders about dozing off at the wheel and all that.

On the way home from Moira last Sunday, I decided to give it a try, having had the two-seater for almost four months. Now I am converted. I set it, incrementally, to 53 mph, took the old feet off the pedals and relaxed.

I have a feeling that this cruise control function works best on motorways and longer stretches of dual carriageways.

4 comments :

Irishlad said...

I use it every chance i get,although at the start i was a bit worried about the thing getting stuck even though a gear change or braking disables it.

Timothy Belmont said...

Maurice is convinced it saves fuel. I don't know, though it seems to be a very clever gadget!

Sandy said...

I hope you weren't doing 53 on the motorway Tim?
Likely to get one up the chuff doing that!

Timothy Belmont said...

My contribution towards conservation. Of fuel. :-)