Tuesday 4 January 2011

Another Crown

I've had a couple of bomb-shells today, the first being that I require yet another crown on a tooth which broke a few days ago. The last one, which was done privately, cost £395; and I have reluctantly decided to have the same treatment with this one, because my dentist showed me three casts with three differing crowns - two private and one NHS. I'll return to the surgery on Thursday for a fitting.

The second slight disappointment, unsurprisingly, is that the swimming-pool at my sports club shall remain closed for the remainder of this week due to a burst pipe; so my swimming will have to wait till next week, hopefully.

4 comments :

Gareth said...

For a moment I thought you meant the type which sits upon the head, rather than that which – in a way – sits within it!

Timothy Belmont said...

Ha ha! Indeed I was minded to crack a pun at first! :-)

Mad Mandy Moans said...

I broke my front bridge eating the best pork rib I have ever tasted Timothy. Only thing was I decided to get implants instead of getting it fixed. It was truly the worst experience I could have ever had because the dentist wasn't up to doing the job and I couldn't go through with it in the end. I went back to my orginal dentist and if you are ever in need of a fantastic, gentle, funny guy to work on the gnashers go to Ivor Paul in Portstewart. When I see you I will be able to bite you to prove it.

Timothy Belmont said...

I always new you wanted to get your gnashers into me, Mamdy. ;-)

Just file 'em first, though.

I think Janice goes to a dentist at P'Stewart.