Saturday 11 September 2010

Ulster Television


I've had to suffer Ulster Television while I'm up here at the Port, what with those silly advertisements and local garbage. When I changed my television almost two years ago, I began watching ITV 1 London and haven't looked back since. Ulster Television - or UTV as they call themselves - don't even have the option of high definition; and the ennui of those boring parochial marketing ads. I see they paste their pathetic logo up on the left-hand side of the screen indelibly.

The sooner ITV buys them out or merges with them, the better. At least the ads on ITV 1 are unashamedly British in content.

2 comments :

Sandy said...

Careful now! (to quote Dougal in Fr. Ted)
They're actually quite a successful company, and could only be if they know their market. The shite they regurgitate is more a reflection of the less discerning in norn iron, in my opinion.

Timothy Belmont said...

You're a good restraining influence on me, Sandy. :-)

For heaven's sake, I must drink moderately at the Re-union!