Friday 6 August 2010

Optic Revelation

I had my left eye treated for short-sightedness and astigmatism by Laser almost exactly one month ago. The result has been extraordinary. I seem to have perfect vision with the treated eye; to the extent that there is a contrast between the corrected eye and the untreated, right eye.

Although I have paid for both eyes, the surgeon judged on the day that it would be more prudent to treat only the left eye, initially at least, which I appreciate.

I'd like the other eye treated, now that I know the result from the left eye! The issue is long-sightedness and the ability - or lack of it - to focus at close distances. I'd probably require reading glasses at any rate.

My next appointment is on the 17th August, 2010.

6 comments :

Sandy said...

Interesting. Any long-term downsides? Where did you have it done?

Timothy Belmont said...

I'll send you the details, Sandy.

Anonymous said...

Was the surgeon's name Lacey, by chance? Excellent fellow!

Timothy Belmont said...

I believe his bane was Mr W Azziz.

Mad Mandy Moans said...

I have been finding it difficult to focus on a book I am reading after I look up at the TV Tim. I am short sighted in one eye and long sighted in the other. Keep me posted on the laser treatment as I would like to get my peepers sorted out before I need milk bottle bottomed glasses. You are trail blazer honey. MM

Timothy Belmont said...

Wilco! :-)