Sunday 18 April 2010

The Royal Flight


Ministers are considering a number of ways to help Britons stranded by flight restrictions imposed after volcanic ash from Iceland drifted over the UK.

Ideas to emerge from a Downing Street meeting include using Spain as a flight hub, requisitioning commercial vessels and a role for the Royal Navy.

His lordship was hoping that an aircraft of the Royal Flight might be scrambled for him. Anyone out there with any influence? I have a seat in the dress circle at the Grand Opera House, Belfast, on Thursday evening, so they had better take action instanter.

4 comments :

Alan in Belfast (Alan Meban) said...

Taxi for ... I mean, Warship for Belmont!

Timothy Belmont said...

Ha ha! Having fun tapping away here, Alan. Amuses me greatly.

Sharon Owens said...

Could you become an MP? Then demand a private helicopter? So sorry you are stuck - are you with a gang of chums?

Timothy Belmont said...

An MP, with some of my views? Not sure I'd make a terrific team member.

I'm solo, Sharon. I suppose there could be worse places to be stranded; and lots of people must be in more difficult circs. than me.

Mind you, heaven knows what the airport will be like when we get to it!