Wednesday 24 June 2009

Homeless Experiment

Famous, Rich And Homeless was a fascinating, if unsettling, human experiment tonight. The first episode was on BBC One at 9pm. It's one of those insightful programmes that make viewers examine their own consciences; it made me do that, at any rate. There are so many homeless people living in London.

Four of the original five participants seem to be surviving fairly well. I think they were quite brave to undertake the whole business; I certainly wouldn't have wished to do it.

It was unfortunate that Jamie Blandford dropped out so soon - apparently within 24 hours. It begs the question: Why, on earth, did he agree to take part at all? James, Marquess of Blandford is heir to the Duke of Marlborough incidentally. I am disappointed that Lord Blandford didn't persevere. That's easy for me to say, of course, not being in that position.

I shall have to tape tomorrow night's final episode because I'll be at a concert.

No comments :