Tuesday 19 May 2009

Lindy Lady Dufferin




W Magazine has sent me a link to their excellent article, including an interview, with Lady Dufferin at Clandeboye Estate in County Down. It is dated the 9th February, 2009.

It provides the reader with a fascinating insight into Lindy Dufferin's lifestyle in London and at Clandeboye, probably the finest private country estate in County Down (not to mention Ballywalter Park!).

Lindy Dufferin's mother-in-law was Maureen, Dowager Marchioness of Dufferin and Ava, who had homes at Hans Crescent, London; the Owl House, Lamberhurst in Kent; and on the island of Sardinia.

4 comments :

Jonathan Kennedy said...

Another link you will appreciate, from my local paper...

http://www.spectatornewspapers.co.uk/news-and-events.asp?id=297

Timothy Belmont said...

Many thanks for that, Jonathan. I had no idea!

Tim

Jonathan said...

I just remembered about this extraordinary little house that used to be in Conlig and was part of the Clandeboye estate, I understand it was known as 'Little Clandeboye' and not Conlig House as stated in the link: http://www.graytrees.com/ConligHouse.html

Timothy Belmont said...

I had no idea about that, Jonathan.