Sunday 14 December 2008

The Baroness Thatcher, LG, OM, PC


While we were at Minnowburn yesterday, one of the gang made a rather disparaging reference to the Great Lady. Whilst I may well remain in the Minority with my stance - and I know that Lady Thatcher is adored and loathed in equal measure - I decided to keep my trap firmly shut, rather than start an argument with possibly some subsequent ill-feeling which may have ensued. I suppose I could have responded with sarcasm or irony: that's not, really, in my nature.

The Right Honourable the Baroness Thatcher, LG, OM, PC - Margaret Thatcher - comes closely behind Sir Winston Churchill in my ratings. I shan't wait until her birthday, which is a mere eleven days after the Dowager's; I pay homage to the Great Lady here and now.

No comments :