Friday 25 July 2008

Northern Ireland Police: Are They Up To The Job?

An expensive speed camera system has been installed on the main A2 carriageway towards Bangor in County Down. Since May, 2008, one motorist has been caught speeding. NI Police has been entrusted with the task of operating the scheme.

The Panic Button system in central Belfast has been out of order since Tuesday, 22nd July, 2008. Northern Ireland Police is in charge of it.

Does NI Police have sufficient resources to enable it to cope with Law and Order in the Province? If not, why not? Has the Northern Ireland Office a case to answer, since it is, technically, their paymaster?

I must disclose a certain bias at this point, because our home was burgled in 2004; and our car stolen in 2005. I am still awaiting word from NI Police about the crimes. I'm not holding my breath.

I wish to add, lest anyone is an any doubt, that I support the highest standards of British policing, Law and Order throughout the United Kingdom. Does the Lord Patten?

No comments :